Our penultimate week of camp begins Sunday, July 29 , and runs to Friday, August 3. Registration for our fourth session closes July 16, 2018. To view our other programs, check out our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- Daisies & Brownies can Camp like a G.I.R.L. – this camp is designed to introduce our youngest girls to camp by allowing them to try a little of everything. They’ll do some arts and crafts, go swimming, build a campfire, learn a new outdoor skill, take a hike, and make s’mores, all while forming new friendships.
- My Favorite Pony – our horse program at Timbercrest is a classic and this is the introduction for girls. They’ll tour the barn, meet the horses, and start learning the basics of riding and grooming, all while enjoying other camp activities.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- I’m a Go-Getter – being a G.I.R.L. (go-getter, innovator, risk-taker, and leader) is in the DNA of being a Girl Scout. Our Go-Getter camp is focused on what those qualities are and developing them through camp activities, like navigating trails, learning to cook outside, and trying new experiences.
- Ready to Ride – horse-focused camps are a staple for us, but this new for 2018 program is designed to teach girls all about the up-and-coming sport of Western Dressage! Girls will learn the basics of Western riding techniques, as well as how to take care of and groom their horse.
- Be Brave and Bold – make Princess Merida proud this week as you master the fundamentals of archery and precise target shooting. You’ll make your own bow and arrow, cook over a fire, build a shelter, and learn about the wonder of tracking. The week ends with a Brave Archery Tournament.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- The Great Cupcake Challenge – cooking challenge shows are some of the best on TV and we’re inviting girls to participate in one at camp! They’ll spend the week in the kitchen with our head cook learning how to make a variety of desserts. At the end of the week, we’ll hold a competition and crown the next winner of the Timbercrest Cupcake Challenge.
- Quest Seekers – take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level with our Quest Seekers sessions, available for five different weeks! Each program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, compete for the Golden Paddle in the first annual Timbercrest Paddle Challenge, and go on a different day trip each session. Girls attending Session 2 will go caving and climbing at Allegany State Park.