Today we’re covering our final week of camp, happening Sunday, August 4, to Friday, August 9. Registration for our final session closes July 22, 2019. For more programs, visit our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2019
- Razzle, Dazzle, and Sculpt: What is—or isn’t—considered “art?” What do you consider art? Work with the natural wonders of clay to sculpt and glaze your perfect pottery piece. Get psychedelic with a crafting classic: tie dyeing, or make beautiful jewelry such as bracelets, pins or hair accessories that will dazzle your family and friends. Girls will earn requirements towards the following Girl Scout Badges: • Junior – Jeweler • Cadette- Book Artist
- Ready to Ride: Experience the new up-and-coming sport in horse showing, Western Dressage. Learn the basics of Western riding techniques and what a dressage judge would be looking for during your dressage ride. Trail rides and barn management including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding the horses are also an important in this program. Lessons will be given based on ability and girls will complete their very first dressage at the end of the camp week. Campers will earn the horse patch with rider level(s).
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2019
- Just My Backpack, My Pony, and Me: What a better way to spend a week than at Timbercrest putting your horse skills to the test? Spend time exploring the trails at camp as you prepare for a more challenging adventure off the property. Girls will spend 2 days and 1 night navigating the trails of Pine Hill State Forest, located in Randolph, NY. During the day girls will take exciting trail rides along Pine Loop, Hooks Trail, Frog’s Run, Creekside, Zig Zag, and more while at night they will hitch up their horses, pitch tents, cook over an open fire, and share s’mores, laughter and fun with their friends. All of the other fun activities of Camp Timbercrest are also part of this great program. This program is not intended for the beginner rider. Girls must be at an intermediate or advanced level of horseback riding in order to participate in this program. Please note that if girls do not meet the required level of horseback riding for this program they will be placed in a general horse program.
- Timbercrest Mud Challengers: You and your fellow warriors will face off and compete in mental and physical challenges. Try your hand at a mud scavenger hunt, or a mud slip and slide, or maybe a mud soccer game, or even mud painting and sculpting. The possibilities are endless! After a day of hard competition relax with a soothing mud bath or mud facial.
- Canoeing the Allegany Reservoir: This program begins in session 4, beginning July 28 and registation closes July 15. Spend eight glorious days and seven exhilarating nights discovering the wonderful sites of the Allegany Reservoir as it takes you through the state park and the national forest. Professional guides from Adventures in Fitness will start your trip at Webs Ferry in Allegany State Park and end your journey in Tionesta, PA. Paddle with friends, pitch tents, and share stores around the campfire at night. Girls will receive instruction in fundamentals of canoeing prior to trip departure. Girls must be in good physical condition and also meet the basic swim requirement. If girls do not meet the basic swim requirement they will be placed in an alternative camp program. (Basic swim consists of the front crawl and back crawl, as well as treading water for five minutes.) Girls and parents must attend a pre-trip orientation meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 13, 2019, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Buffalo/Rochester Girl Scout Service Centers.