Each week, we’re going to preview the different weeks for you here, but you can access the complete Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Session 2 runs starts Sunday, July 15, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 20, at 7 p.m. Registration for our first session closes July 2, 2018.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2018
- Daisies & Brownies can Camp like a G.I.R.L. – this camp is designed to introduce our youngest girls to camp by allowing them to try a little of everything. They’ll do some arts and crafts, go swimming, build a campfire, learn a new outdoor skill, take a hike, and make s’mores, all while forming new friendships.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- I’m a Go-Getter – being a G.I.R.L. (go-getter, innovator, risk-taker, and leader) is in the DNA of being a Girl Scout. Our Go-Getter camp is focused on what those qualities are and developing them through camp activities, like navigating trails, learning to cook outside, and trying new experiences.
- Ready to Ride – horse-focused camps are a staple for us, but this new for 2018 program is designed to teach girls all about the up-and-coming sport of Western Dressage! Girls will learn the basics of Western riding techniques, as well as how to take care of and groom their horse.
- Pastry Chefs – learn the basics of baking this week as you make delicious snacks and decorate homemade desserts. You’ll make cupcakes and fondue. Even better, you’ll make your very own recipe book to take home with you to share with friends and family.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- Timbercrest at Night – if you’re a night owl, this week is for you. Campers will explore the Timbercrest trails by night, enjoy glow-in the dark games, raid the kitchen, and even take a trip to a local bowling alley. Don’t worry about being tired the next day – with this camp you’ll sleep late and start your camp activities in the afternoon.
- Quest Seekers – take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level with our Quest Seekers sessions, available for five different weeks! Each program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, compete for the Golden Paddle in the first annual Timbercrest Paddle Challenge, and go on a different day trip each session. Girls attending Session 2 will go caving and climbing at Allegany State Park.
- Boots and Spurs – this week of horse camp is dedicated to the new sport of Western Dressage. Girls will go on trial rides, receive lessons based on their abilities, and learn all about stable management. They’ll even complete a dressage test at the end of the week.