Our penultimate week of camp begins Sunday, July 28 , and runs to Friday, August 2. Registration for our fourth session closes July 15, 2019. To view our other programs, check out our Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Girls in Grades 1-3 in Fall 2019
- Daisies & Brownies Can Camp Like a G.I.R.L.: Spend this week trying a little bit of everything at Camp Timbercrest. Activities such as arts and crafts, swimming, creating your own campfire, learning a new outdoor skill, taking an adventurous hike, cooking outdoors coupled with s’mores, and lots of friends makes this an awesome week! Girls will earn requirements towards the Daisy/Brownie Hiker and Outdoor Adventure Badges.
- My Favorite Pony: This introductory program will help girls get to know the basic “ins and outs” of the horse program. Girls will get their first introductory horse lesson, take a tour of the barn, meet the horses, and start from the ground up with proper grooming, feeding, mounting, dismounting, and tack care. Girls will have one introductory horse lesson and one guided horse ride. Girls must wear long pants and boots with 3/4-inch heel.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2019
- Be Brave & Bold: Learn the fundamentals of archery and precise target shooting. Make your own bow and arrow, cook over an open fire, build a shelter, discover the wonders of tracking, and, of course, join your sister archers in the Timbercrest Brave Archery Tournament.
- Ready to Ride: Experience the new up-and-coming sport in horse showing, Western Dressage. Learn the basics of Western riding techniques and what a dressage judge would be looking for during your dressage ride. Trail rides and barn management including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding the horses are also an important in this program. Lessons will be given based on ability and girls will complete their very first dressage at the end of the camp week. Campers will earn the horse patch with rider level(s).
- Timbercrest Firebenders: Here’s your chance to learn and/or fine tune your outdoor skills. Outdoor professionals will work with and teach you different methods of fire building, outdoor cooking with edible plants, and shelter building. Identify things in nature, take a hike and learn to use a compass and map. Apply your skills and work as a team in the great outdoors.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2019
- Timbercrest Fashionistas: Calling all budding fashion designers! Spend your week learning the “ins and outs” of fashion design. Find out what is considered today’s fashion look. Turn your drab jeans or T-shirt into something dazzling, or create a new and funky jean purse. Specialists from Fashion Lab NY will help you bring your creations to life and share with you the steps to starting your own design company. There will still be time left over to enjoy all of the wonders of Camp Timbercrest.
- Canoeing the Allegheny Reservoir: Spend eight glorious days and seven exhilarating nights discovering the wonderful sites of the Allegheny Reservoir as it takes you through the state park and the national forest. Professional guides from Adventures in Fitness will start your trip at Webs Ferry in Allegany State Park and end your journey in Tionesta, PA. Paddle with friends, pitch tents, and share stores around the campfire at night. • Girls will receive instruction in fundamentals of canoeing prior to trip departure. • Girls must be in good physical condition and also meet the basic swim requirement. If girls do not meet the basic swim requirement they will be placed in an alternative camp program. (Basic swim consists of the front crawl and back crawl, as well as treading water for five minutes.) • Girls and parents must attend a pre-trip orientation meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 13, 2019, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Buffalo/Rochester Girl Scout Service Centers.