Camp Timbercrest opens in just under three months and we’re so excited for all of the programs we have planned! Each week, we’re going to preview the different weeks for you here, but you can access the complete Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Session 1 runs starts Sunday, July 8, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 13, at 7 p.m. While we don’t have any Session 1 camps for girls entering grades 1-3 in the fall, we have options for grades 4 and above. Registration for our first session closes June 25, 2018.
Girls in Grades 4-6 in Fall 2018
- Dumbledore’s Army – this one is a ‘must-attend’ for all the Potterheads out there or any girl who appreciates a little magic. We’ll play Muggle Quidditch and learn defense against the dark arts. Plus, what’s magic camp without a Tri-Wizard Cup Tournament?
- I’m a Go-Getter – being a G.I.R.L. (go-getter, innovator, risk-taker, and leader) is in the DNA of being a Girl Scout. Our Go-Getter camp is focused on what those qualities are and developing them through camp activities, like navigating trails, learning to cook outside, and trying new experiences.
- Ready to Ride – horse-focused camps are a staple for us, but this new for 2018 program is designed to teach girls all about the up-and-coming sport of Western Dressage! Girls will learn the basics of Western riding techniques, as well as how to take care of and groom their horse.
Girls in Grades 7-12 in Fall 2018
- The Great Cupcake Challenge – cooking challenge shows are some of the best on TV and we’re inviting girls to participate in one at camp! They’ll spend the week in the kitchen with our head cook learning how to make a variety of desserts. At the end of the week, we’ll hold a competition and crown the next winner of the Timbercrest Cupcake Challenge.
- Quest Seekers – Take being a G.I.R.L. to the next level with our Quest Seekers sessions, available for five different weeks! Each program allows girls to create and plan overnight expeditions, compete for the Golden Paddle in the first annual Timbercrest Paddle Challenge, and go on a different day trip each session. Girls attending session one will travel to our Seven Hills location to take on the Ropes Challenge Course!