Each week, we’re going to preview the different weeks for you here, but you can access the complete Resident Camp Guide on our website.
Session 2 runs starts Sunday, July 14, at 1 p.m. and ends Friday, July 19, at 7 p.m. Registration for our first session closes July 1, 2019.
Programs for girls in grades 1-3 in fall 2019
- Daisies & Brownies Can Camp Like a G.I.R.L. – Spend this week trying a little bit of everything at Camp Timbercrest. Activities such as arts and crafts, swimming, creating your own campfire, learning a new outdoor skill, taking an adventurous hike, cooking outdoors coupled with s’mores, and lots of friends makes this an awesome week! Girls will earn requirements towards the Daisy/Brownie Hiker and Outdoor Adventure Badges.
Programs for girls in grades 4-6 in fall 2019
- Pastry Chefs – Just a spoonful of sugar, a big dash of friendship, and a cup of laughter are the perfect ingredients for a delicious week at camp. Learn the basics of baking as you prepare yummy snacks and desserts. Decorate cupcakes you make from scratch, indulge in chocolate fondue, and make your own special creation for the entire camp to see and taste. Create you very own pastry cookbook that you can take home and use with family and friends.
- Ready to Ride – Experience the new up-and-coming sport in horse showing, Western Dressage. Learn the basics of Western riding techniques and what a dressage judge would be looking for during your dressage ride. Trail rides and barn management including basic barn chores, grooming, cleaning the stalls, and feeding the horses are also an important in this program. Lessons will be given based on ability and girls will complete their very first dressage at the end of the camp week.
- Who Stole the Chocolate Chip Cookie – Someone has stolen the Camp Timbercrest chocolate chip cookies and recipe. Spend your week analyzing fingerprints, taking DNA samples, and researching hair samples. Think you can figure out who the culprit is? You will have a chance to display your burden of proof during the Camp Timbercrest Stolen Chocolate Chip Cookie Trial.
Programs for girls in grades 7-12 in fall 2019
- Just My Backpack, My Pony, and Me – What a better way to spend a week than at Timbercrest putting your horse skills to the test? Spend time exploring the trails at camp as you prepare for a more challenging adventure off the property. Girls will spend 2 days and 1 night navigating the trails of Pine Hill State Forest, located in Randolph, NY. During the day girls will take exciting trail rides along Pine Loop, Hooks Trail, Frog’s Run, Creekside, Zig Zag, and more while at night they will hitch up their horses, pitch tents, cook over an open fire, and share s’mores, laughter and fun with their friends. All of the other fun activities of Camp Timbercrest are also part of this great program. (not intended for beginner riders)
- Timbercrest Mud Challengers -You and your fellow warriors will face off and compete in mental and physical challenges. Try your hand at a mud scavenger hunt, or a mud slip and slide, or maybe a mud soccer game, or even mud painting and sculpting. The possibilities are endless! After a day of hard competition relax with a soothing mud bath or mud facial.
- Timbercrest at Night – Do you like staying up late? Experience the Timbercrest nightlife. Hike the trails by flashlight, watch for shooting stars and play glow-in-the-dark games, or maybe go on a kitchen raid, and a little shopping at the trading post. You will also take a trip to Jamestown Bowling Company for bowling, and pizza. After a hard night of playing, sleep late into the morning and enjoy some of your favorite camp activities in the afternoon.